union connector for Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump and PVC pipe

  • Last Post 01 May 2020
Lei0127 posted this 30 April 2020

Hi, this is my first time to replace the old pool pump for our above ground pool. I need help to figure out what brand/type of union connector I must purchase to connect the new pump to the pvc pipe.

From what I've read, I need a union that has a male end to connect to pump and the other end to accept the pvc pipe. 

Pool Pump: PowerFlo Matrix Pump 1.5 HP Dual Speed - SP15932S
current PVC pipe size: 1.5 inches

Thanks in advance!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 30 April 2020

The unions for the Hayward Matrix pump are part number 2110-12. Click Here to View the Hayward Matric Pump Unions

Hayward Union Connectors (Set Of 2) - SP1500UNPAK2

Lei0127 posted this 01 May 2020

Hi, thank you for your response. I looked into the pump unions but it is unclear to me how I will be able to connect the 1.5in PVC pipes. Is this my only option? 

InyoRob posted this 01 May 2020

You could use part number 9348-650. That union would screw into your pump and then you could glue 1.5" pvc into the opposite side. Click Here to View the 9348-650 Union

Custom Molded Products CMP 1.5" MIP, 1.5" Socket  - 21063-150-000