Replace Hayward 120V 500W SP 583 L fixture with LED Bulb

  • Last Post 26 May 2020
thekinght posted this 12 July 2018

Do I need to order more than the LED bulb and the gasket to replace my incondescent bulb, and which LED bulb would be the best replacement for the fixture I have.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 12 July 2018

Thank you for contacting Inyo. The color changing LED bulb that we would recommend would be part number PL5809. You'll want to replace the gasket when you replace the bulb. The gasket for a Hayward SP583 fixture is part number 3550-24. You wouldn't need anything else in order to replace the bulb.

Bayberry posted this 24 May 2020

I have the SP-583L light as well. The fixture hasn’t work in years. I took it out of the housing today and it says fresh water only. I converted to a salt water pool years ago as well. (Coincidence?). I’d like to upgrade this light to LED model as well.  I’m not sure which housing we have SP-600 or SP-607. What do you recommend?

Bayberry posted this 26 May 2020

Can you tell me if this light will work in a salt water pool?