Pump issue

• Last Post 07 July 2016
JRinney5 posted this 06 July 2016

I back washed and after putting the valve back in filter mode then turning the pump back on, water continues to slowly fill the backwash hose. What can I do to stop the pump from filling the backwash hose as if I'm backwashing?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 06 July 2016

Hi JRinney5,

Can you let me know the make and model of your filter, there should be a label on the side of your filter tank, also any information off of the valve would help out as well.

Normally the issue of water leaking out of the backwash port is a bad spider gasket but a bad washer or bad spring in the valve handle could also be the culprit. If you could give us information on your filter then I could suggest a few parts that should fix your problem.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

JRinney5 posted this 07 July 2016

I back washed and after putting the valve back in filter mode then turning the pump back on, water continues to slowly fill the backwash hose. What can I do to stop the pump from filling the backwash hose as if I'm backwashing?

Thanks for the response; your analogy was accurate. I Have someone coming out to replace spider gasket tomorrow

Issue resolved, spider gasket replaced and pool is up and running.

Service posted this 07 July 2016

JRinney5, That is great news! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Patrick

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Close