Pool Pump Motor

• Last Post 08 May 2021
KeithH posted this 05 July 2017

Hi. I have a Jandy FHPM1.0 FloPro 1HP pump on my pool. Went away for 3 days and I had my pool on its timer.

When we got home I noticed the pool was not on and the pump motor was burning hot and smelled like it was burnt. I am guessing the pump motor burned up. question is can I just replace the pump motor or do I have to replace the entire pump?

If I can just replace the motor do I have to use a 1 HP or can I upgrade to a 1.5 HP?

If so could you let me know which motor models it would be.

Thanks

Keith

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 06 July 2017

Hi Keith,

You can replace just the motor as long as the overheating did not melt your pump housing. If your pump housing is good then you can upgrade to 1.5 HP but you will need to upgrade your impeller to 1.5 HP and you will also need to make sure your filter can handle the increased output of the 1.5 HP motor. Can you give us the make, model, gpm rating and sq. ft. of your pool filter (this should be on a label on the side of the filter) as this would help us determine if you could go up to 1.5 HP.

Here is the 1 HP Flo Pro Motor you would require 

Here is the 1.5 HP Flo Pro Motor you would require

If you upgraded to the 1.5 HP then here is the 1.5 HP Flo Pro Impeller you will require.

With either the 1 HP or 1.5 HP motor replacement you will also need this Flo Pro Shaft Seal

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

27Round posted this 08 May 2021

I have a 27' round above ground (25,000 gallons) and use a Hayward C1750 cartridge filter. Currently have a 2HP 110V motor that draws 15 amps.

I'd like to replace pump and move to a 1.5HP size and was told I should consider a 2HP 2 Speed that draws 20 amps on high and 4 amps on low speed. I have a robotic vacuum and will likely not use the high speed.

Any recommendation on replacement pump that will handle my gallonage?

InyoRob posted this 08 May 2021

We have a 1.5HP 115v 2-speed pump that should do the trick. The PureLine model PL1507. Click Here to View More Details on the PL1507 Pump

PureLine 1.5 H.P Above Ground Pool Pump Dual Speed - PL1507

Close