pool pump

• Last Post 20 May 2017
StacyB posted this 17 May 2017

My pool pump was just replaced last year because my previous one of three years was very loud.  This year my new pump seems to be making a high pitched whinning noise.  I'm not sure if it sounded like this last year or if this is a new development.  Do these pumps require any oiling?  I remove the pump and store it in my garage for the winter. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 18 May 2017

Hi StacyB,

No the motor does not need oiling. Could you let us know the HP and model information of your pump? Also could you supply the make and model of your filter? This would help us determine if your pump and filter are properly paired together. Sometimes if the pump is oversized then it can fail quickly. For example, if you had a pump that was outputting 100 GPM and it was paired with a filter that could only handle 50 GPM then this can strain the pump.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

• Liked by
  • StacyB
StacyB posted this 19 May 2017

The filter is a Sandman NE 6150 /NE 6170

And the pump is Hayward Power-Flo LX Series 1-1 / 2-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump with Cord 

My poois is 27' round by 52"'

Service posted this 20 May 2017

Hi StacyB,

Your pump and filter are sized properly. I would just continue to monitor the noise and hopefully, it does not get worse. Normally a loud squealing is the motor bearings in your motor going bad and this would mean needing to replace your motor. For your pump you would need this 1.5 HP Motor and this Shaft Seal.

Thanks

Patrick

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

StacyB posted this 20 May 2017

Thank you for your reply. I'm hoping my neighbors don't complain and the noise lessens.  Looking forward to a relaxing summer.     

Close