Need to replace motor c48j2n131b1

• Last Post 4 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
Maineiac posted this 18 July 2019

My motor just went model c48j2n131b1.  Can you verify the parts I would need for replacing this?  I found part UST1072 and SPX1600Z2.  Are these correct and have I missed anything? I cannot read the pump serial number because it is warn off.  If needed would a picture of the pump help?

Someone recommended replacing the 3/4 HP motor with a 1 HP motor for better efficiency.  That sounds odd to me since it is a bigger motor.  Can you verify if this logic is correct?  If so can you assist on the part numbers for a 1 HP motor instead?

Sorry for all the questions.
Thank you! 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 18 July 2019

The UST1072 motor would be the correct replacement. The SPX1600Z2 shaft seal can be used on the Hayward Super Pump, Super II, Max-Flo, and Northstar models.

The 1HP would not be more efficient. You'd only want to go up in HP if you needed the additional flow.

Maineiac posted this 5 weeks ago

I'll be purchasing the UST1072 motor but would like the seal kit as well.  The serial number is gone from the pump but I have a picture and couple numbers that may help.  The impeller has a number of  SP2605-C and the basket number shows Hayward SP-1600-M.  Does this information help in determining the seal kit part number that I need?

Thank you.

InyoRob posted this 5 weeks ago

You have a Hayward Super Pump. The heavy duty shaft seal is part number 5250-235. The complete seal kit would be GOKIT3.

Maineiac posted this 5 weeks ago

Pefect!  Thank you!

InyoRob posted this 4 weeks ago

You're welcome. Thank you for visiting INYOpools.com!

Close