Hello . I was recently in my local pool store. they had a big sale on Cal-Hypo (calcium Hypochloride) shock. The sales person asked me if I had a salt water pool. I do, the he suggested I don't buy the sale cal hypo shock suggesting this will destroy my salt cell. He convinced me to buy the more expensive Di Chlor shock. When home and searched the internet and I cant find any proof that this is true.... can someone please let me know it there is any truth to this. Or was the sales person just trying to sell me the expensive shock. ........
Best Shock for Salt Water
- 107 Views
- Last Post 21 May 2019
- Topic Is Solved
We don't have any evidence that cal-hypo is any more harmful to a salt cell than di-chlor. We've contacted a couple of salt system manufacturers about this subject. Neither one had heard of that issue.
That's what I thought. Thank you for this info. Now all I need to do is take a ride to the pool store and try to get the sale on shock.