Which bulb?

  • Last Post 18 November 2020
  • Topic Is Solved
Skessdtrek posted this 18 November 2020

I need to replace a burned out bulb. I removed the bulb and housing several months ago, but there are no identifying marks still readable. I have recently found the original documentation which shows it to be a hatteras product. I find the gasket easily, but the bulbs can be either 12V or 120V (I will get the lower watts to save electricity). How can I tell which voltage I need?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 18 November 2020

A 12V light would have a transformer located near the junction box. A 120v light would not have a transformer box. Below is a picture of a typical transformer.

Pictured below is a typical transformer used with a 12v light.

Intermatic 300 Watt Transformer - PX300


Skessdtrek posted this 18 November 2020

Thank you!

  • Liked by
  • InyoRob