Skimmer unlnown

  • Last Post 29 April 2022
DougScott posted this 17 April 2022

what kind of skimmer is this?

Where can I get a trimmer or a plate for it?


Thank you

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRich posted this 19 April 2022

Hi Doug, are there any part numbers or manufacturer names visible on anything (check the Weir door if you have it)?  

DougScott posted this 19 April 2022

Unfortunately the only label I have says cloud on the lid. There is no door. In another forum somebody mentioned Hydra which is now water co. But I have no idea. The customer would like to install some kind of vac mate without modification if possible.

InyoRich posted this 19 April 2022

Please send a picture of the lid (top and bottom) if you have it as well as the dimensions (diameter).   

DougScott posted this 19 April 2022

DougScott posted this 19 April 2022

This is the only picture I have currently of the lid. It's a standard size lid. I won't be back until next Monday to this customer's home. Thank you very much for your help.

InyoRich posted this 20 April 2022

Hi Doug, we think that is an old American Products Admiral skimmer.  Check the linked webpage for parts and verify that they will fit before ordering (dimensions are listed on the individual item's web pages).  

DougScott posted this 20 April 2022

Thank you

DougScott posted this 25 April 2022

Question regarding your suggestion about the skimmer. Your link to the American product product page does not look like what I have. If you look closely at what I have it seems like it's not a perfect circle, as it has a smaller pop out for that pipe. The image you sent has a vacuum plate that's perfectly round. I hope my description is making sense.

InyoRich posted this 29 April 2022

 I do see what you mean, but I think that your skimmer is no longer in production.  You will have a tough time finding a vacuum plate unless you can find someone with some new-old-stock somewhere, but the weir door should be available.