Replacement Hayward light fixture

  • Last Post 07 November 2017
  • Topic Is Solved
Kimberly410 posted this 03 November 2017


I am in the process of renovating a 50' x 27' concrete pool and need to replace the light fixture.  The fixture itself was removed years ago and the conduit capped off.  The niche is a Hayward SP555 to use with light model #SP540, 541, 542 or 543.  My research turned up this up to be the Starlite model which is no longer available with the Duralite Series as a replacement.  My questions are as follows:

1.  Is there a direct Duralite model replacement for the information I provided or can you recommend a product to use?

2.  For a 50' rectangular pool, what wattage/voltage should be purchased?  Light will project 50' from deep to shallow end of pool.

3.  Can the replacement light fixture be used in a saltwater application?  All descriptions seem to note "fresh water" use.

Thank you for your input!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Kimberly410 posted this 07 November 2017

 Thank you Rob.  I appreciate your feedback and will be ordering the fixture today. 

  • Liked by
  • InyoRob
InyoRob posted this 07 November 2017

Hello Kimberly - The Hayward Duralite will work with your SP555 niche. We would recommend a 500 watt light for your application. The 500w 120v Duralite with a 50' cord is model number SP0573LN50.

The Duralite can be used in pools that have a salt chlorine generator.

Hayward Duralite Replacement Light 500W, 120V, 50' Cord - SP0573LN50


InyoRob posted this 07 November 2017

You're welcome and thank you for shopping with Inyo!