We have a Rheem Heater (Model: P-M407A-EN-C) that will not light. When the unit turns on, the screen displays SPK and you can hear clicking, but nothing else happens. We replaced the pilot/ignitor and the gas is turned on. Any troubleshooting tips or things we may be missing? Thanks!
Need Help with Rheem Heater
- 43 Views
- Last Post 15 September 2020
InyoRob posted this 15 September 2020
- While the heater is sparking, check for 24 volts at the Pilot valve (red/black wire from PC Board).
- If no voltage at the pilot valve, check for voltage out of the PC board at the red/black wire.
- If 24+VAC out of the PC board, replace red/black wire.
- If no voltage out of the board, replace the board.
- If we do have voltage at the Pilot valve (step one), loosen the pilot tube to see if gas is present when the heater is sparking.
- If gas is coming out, but the pilot doesn’t light- clean the pilot tube. If no gas is coming out when sparking, replace the valve.