20 Year old solid frame above ground pool part - it's a riddle

• 2.5K Views
  • Last Post 03 April 2018
DavidM2017 posted this 11 September 2017

Hello, 

We have a 20 year old above ground pool at my mother's house.  This year, we replaced the liner and somehow some of the frame "caps" were lost or tossed out.   

I have been looking for suitable replacements for about a month now and cannot find anything.  I have been told that these are not for support and are strictly "aesthetic".   

As mom really loves her pool, I am looking to replace them, if anything in current stock will work (I'd even replace them all if we can find something which is a reasonable fit.  

I am in North Carolina and have been watching the weather.  Hopefully, you all are alright.  Even if it takes awhile to come up with a "solution", I'd really appreciate any help you might be able to offer.  

Sincerely, 

David M

We don't know the pool make and model anymore, however, it is a 15 foot round and 48 inches tall.  I think it is a Haywood?   

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 12 September 2017

Hello David - Are there any part numbers on the underside of the cap or on the metal top plate? Coud you post a picture of the outside pool wall (top to bottom)?

DavidM2017 posted this 18 September 2017

No, no numbers to speak of.  I can send you the top and bottom section if it would help.

Sincerely,

David M

InyoRob posted this 19 September 2017

Send us a picture of the top & bottom section as well as a picture of the top plate.

DavidM2017 posted this 04 October 2017

Here are the updated pictures:  

InyoRob posted this 05 October 2017

It looks like you have a Trevi pool. Unfortunately, we do not carry parts for those pools. We recommend contacting Trevi directly.

Another site that has access to Trevi parts is www.loceypool.com.

DavidM2017 posted this 30 October 2017

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your help.  You all are a wealth of information and truly incredible.  With you help, we identified parts for a 20 year old pool.  It is a Trevi and they did have replacement parts which will work oit fine.  

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

David M

InyoRob posted this 30 October 2017

You're welcome, David. We're glad you were able to find your parts!

Tkowen posted this 02 April 2018

David, I too have an old Trevi pool 15x30 and The parts look identical to the pics you posted.  I wondered where you found the replacement parts...I have some broken top caps that I need to replace.  Thanks

DavidM2017 posted this 03 April 2018

Tkowen,

I looked for my information but must have deleted it .... however, I contacted support at this website: http://www.trevi.com (1-800 44-TREVI (87384)

Note that the site is in French but therer is a button on the top menu where you can select English. They are in Canada.  They looked up the part number and put me in touch with a local re-seller/distributer and they shipped them to me.  Shipping is a bit expensive, however, the parts are spot on and worked great.   In fact, we just put the new parts on last week.  Worked like a charm.  

My apologies for not having the reseller's info anymore, but they will have them at the trevi support.  

David M

• Liked by
  • InyoRob
Close