Hello,

I have an in-ground 7ft diameter SPA (only, no pool) that holds approx. 850 gals.  It is plumbed for 2 separate pumps:

- 1st pump is for the filter & heater with 1.5" PVC, 1 drain and 1 skimmer for suction that tie into a Jandy valve, then the flow goes to the pump, then to the filter, then to the heater, and finally returns to 4 SPA inlets.

- 2nd pump is for the 6 jets, with 2" PVC, and one drain for its suction (separate from the filtration drain).

The SPA is approx 30 ft away from the pool equipment.  There is a 3/4" gas line stub out.  I live in So. Calif and I am replacing all the equipment because it's old and no longer functions, thinking 200K BTU low nox ignition start, and a 150 sqft cartridge filter.

Objective:  Due to the small equipment pad I am wondering if it would be ok to go with a single pump solution, like the PentAir Superflo VS 342001.   I understand this would be a little more complex, and I am no pool guy, but I believe it would work.  I envision the filter drain and skimmer suctions would still tie into its own same valve, and then travel to a 2nd valve where it would meet the 2" drain suction (for the jets). Then from there, go directly to the single VS pump.  From the pump I envision the line going to a 3rd valve where the flow can be completely diverted to the filter for filtration and/or heating and return to the 4 inlets.  Or, the flow could be completely diverted back to the 2" PVC  SPA jets return for bubbles.  Or, the flow could be split and flow in both paths.

Is this a supported and recommended option?

Thanks,

Michael