Salt Reading

• Last Post 29 June 2021
JoeGold posted this 28 June 2021

My pool store water test showed 0 chlorine and 3000 ppm salt level but my pool equipment reads my salt level is 2100.  Because my pool equipment is reading my salt so low, it shut off my chlorinator so no chlorine is being generated, hence my 0 chlorine reading.  Last year, I had added enough salt to get my equipment to read 3000 but when tested at the pool store, it registered at 4400 so they advised me to unplug my salt cell until the salt level came down to prevent damage to the cell.  It was unplugged for about 4 months before I plugged it back in.  It seems I'm caught between a rock and a hard place...if I add more salt to register 3000 on my equipment to generate chlorine, I might damage my salt cell, but if I keep my salt reading at 2100 (3000 at pool store) my chlorinate generator will not turn on to generate chlorine.  I've seen videos on how to reset my salt cell but they don't help me as I don't have the same display board to "turn off" and "set to auto" then hit "diagnostics button 5 times" to reset the salt cell.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

JCMC70 posted this 29 June 2021

Hi,

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the SWG to see if they can tell you how to reset the cell?

Close