replacement motor

• Last Post 14 May 2021
MJSMJS posted this 14 May 2021

I need to replace the motor on my Hayward Super Pump. I've attached a photo of the existing motor. I thought this was 1.5 horsepower and therfeore i simply need a new version of this motor, but I'm being told that my current motor is actually 1.0 horsepower. My in ground pool is ~33,000 gallons and I'm using a 60 sq ft de filter. I think i need a 1.5 hp motor for that pool and filter size. can you help?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
MJSMJS posted this 14 May 2021

Thank you very much, Patrick. I greatly appreciate your help. Can you give me a little more detail on the difference between 1 HP Full Rate Motor and a 1.5 HP Up Rate Motor? I'm tryign to understand which one i currently have and be sure as to which i need for 33,000 gallons with 60 sq ft de filter. Thank you, again, for your help

Service posted this 14 May 2021

Hi there,

You will require this B654 Replacement Motor this motor is a 1 HP Full Rate Motor which is equivalent to a 1.5 HP Up Rate Motor. When replacing your motor you will also need this Hayward Super Pump Seal Kit

We put together this Video on How to Replace a Pool Pump Motor which you may find helpful when you tackle this project.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Close