replacement motor

• Last Post 14 May 2021
MJSMJS posted this 14 May 2021

I need to replace the motor on my Hayward Super Pump. I've attached a photo of the existing motor. I thought this was 1.5 horsepower and therfeore i simply need a new version of this motor, but I'm being told that my current motor is actually 1.0 horsepower. My in ground pool is ~33,000 gallons and I'm using a 60 sq ft de filter. I think i need a 1.5 hp motor for that pool and filter size. can you help?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 14 May 2021

Hi there,

You will require this B654 Replacement Motor this motor is a 1 HP Full Rate Motor which is equivalent to a 1.5 HP Up Rate Motor. When replacing your motor you will also need this Hayward Super Pump Seal Kit

We put together this Video on How to Replace a Pool Pump Motor which you may find helpful when you tackle this project.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

MJSMJS posted this 14 May 2021

Thank you very much, Patrick. I greatly appreciate your help. Can you give me a little more detail on the difference between 1 HP Full Rate Motor and a 1.5 HP Up Rate Motor? I'm tryign to understand which one i currently have and be sure as to which i need for 33,000 gallons with 60 sq ft de filter. Thank you, again, for your help

Close