Replacement Gasket

• Last Post 03 May 2020
Nationals posted this 03 May 2020

I see from an old post that you helped someone with a similar problem. I have an old pool with two lights -- we bought the house 14 years ago and the pool was old and irregularly matained before then.

About 5 years ago I replaced a bulb in one light but did not replace the gasket. This year I discovered both lights were out and in the process of replacing them I discovered that one gasket had started to melt into the light fixture. I can get the bulbs locally (12v 300w) but I need two new gaskets. The light fixtures have specs similar to those of another customer from 2016 -- it has PoolStar on the outer rim and then on the lighting fixture:

Hydrotech Chemical Corp. Industry, CA

Model PLH-300

Underwater lighting fixture for swimming pool,  wet-niche type          

No. L-462553

Lamp R40, 12 V, 300W

Do you have replacement gaskets for this fixture?

Also, do I need to worry about the melted gasket that has since congealed/hardened at the bottom inside of the light fixture? When I removed the bulb, it had some of this melted crud on the threads but otherwise the inside of the fixture (where the blub screws in) seems to be more or less intact.

I would also love to find new outer rims that face into the pool - the two I have are old and ugly.

Thanks for your help.

Use with housing model No's 425  &  VN50

lamp R40   120V   500W Max

InyoRob posted this 03 May 2020

The replacement lens gasket would be part number 3550-03. Click Here to View the Lens Gasket for the PoolStar PLH-300

The remnants of the old gasket should not be an issue. Unfortunately, the face rings for that light fixture have been discontinued.

Close