Replace pump motor

• Last Post 13 March 2020
  • Topic Is Solved
RonM817 posted this 11 March 2020

I am trying to determine the motor to replace for my pool pump.  I want it to fit the the existing pump head that I replaced a few years back.  The motor has finally failed and I want to just replace it, if possible, so I can avoid having to rework the PVC plumbing attached to the pump head.  The current model is a 20+ yoa Pac-Fab Centurian.  Most of the labels are worn, but I think I can identify some of the information. Part 8 168786 - 07, FR  Y56Y, TYPE OX, FORM KJM, CUST P/N 35-5394, SERIAL BS8-145.  I'm having issues determining the horsepower. The label has 1/2 HP but I can't determine if there was any number (i.e. 1 or 2) in front of the 1/2 HP, since the label is gone from that location.  My Polaris pump is 3/4 HP so I would think the pool pump is stronger than 1/2 HP.  What are replacement motor options?Pump motor label

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Inyohector posted this 12 March 2020

Good morning. There are few replacement motor options but the most common one would be the B2843 also known as the B843. The total horsepower of your motor is 2.6 but labeled as 2.5 hp. 

InyoRob posted this 12 March 2020

The replacement motor would be part number B2843. The B2843 us a full rated 2HP motor but it has the same total HP (2.6) rating as your upraded 2.5HP. 

We recommend replacing the shaft seal when you replace the motor. Does your pump housing look like this?

Pentair / Pac Fab Challenger CHII / CFII Series Diagram

RonM817 posted this 12 March 2020

Yes it identical to the illustration.  I was planning on purchasing the corresponding kit to replace all the gaskets and seals. Thanks for providing this information.

InyoRob posted this 13 March 2020

The available tune-up kit for the Challenger pump is GOKIT5.

Click Here to View all of the Challenger Pump Parts

Close