I am new to pool maintence and have purchased an automatic pool suction side vacuum. I installed per the instrcutions to my skimmer but the vacuum does not move. When I place my hand at the diaphram of the automatic pool vacuum, I dont feel much (if any) suction. However, if I place my hand directly into the skimmer above the suction hole, I feel a "strong" suction.
10,000 Gallon Pool
6 feet deep at the deep end
Length - 24 feet
Width - 11 feet
Return Jets - Count 2
Suction Drain - Count 1 at bottom of deep end
Suction Jets - None
Skimmer - Count 1
Pool Pump - Motor Model: C48K2PA105C5 ; HP 1 ; RPM 3,450 ; Single Speed
Pool "Features" - No fountains etc... but I have a Pool Heater (tho I never use it)
Feet of Head - Unknown. The pump/motor is located within a few feet of the pool. However, it is on the opposite end of the pool as the Skimmer.
Automatic Pool Vacuum Details
Requires Pump Power: ≥0.5HP/1000gallon
Troubleshooting Done So Far
I searched a few guides here but am unsure of what the issue may be. Below is a summary of what I have tried thus far assuming I have a low pressure problem:
1. I cleaned the Skimmer Basket
2. I cleaned the 2nd Basket attached to the front of the pool pump
3. I cleaned the Cartridge Filter after the pool pump
4. My return jets (2 of them) appear to be operating at full power
5. I do not see any obvious leaks around any of the visible PVC pipes around the pump / filter area.
Any help would be appreciated!