My original 1.5HP Hayward pool motor installed in October 2005 stared leaking at the end of last season and looks like it needs servicing. It also sounded gritty and there was some white residue around the motor. I'm looking for advice on the best options going forward, and if possible, to save some money on electricity costs.
The following is my current pool setup:
- 18' x 36' pool with a deep end. Deer Creek shape.
- 2 skimmers
- 2-jets in pool wall, 2-jets in stairs.
- we open/use the pool May to September
- Hayward 1.5HP Model SP2610X15A
- I think it's wired for 240V.
- Hayward C5025 Swim Clear Cartridge Filter
- Aqua Logic AQL-P-4-CUL Control
- I typically run the pump 8 to 12 hours a day, and while swimming.
- T15 Salt Chlorinator Cell
- Hayward H250 Heater – natural gas
- All piping is 1.5".
What are my options?
- Replace the seals for the motor and stay with the 1.5HP single speed? I haven't turned on the pump yet this year.
- Replace the seals ANDmotor portion with same single speed 1.5HP?
- Replace seals and motor portion with a two-speed 1.5HP?
- is this possible?
- does the impeller stay the same?
- Replace the WHOLE PUMP with a two-speed 1.5HP?
- will the energy savings be significant ??
- does this get wired for 240V ??
- Replace the whole pump with two-speed 1.0HP?
- Can i reduce horsepower from 1.5HP to a 1HP if going with a two speed?
- Replace with new Variable Speed Pump?
- Will this work with my Aqua Logic AQL-P-4-CUL Control?
- Will this work with 1.5" piping?
- Which pump will work?
Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.