New Pool pump motor

• Last Post 30 May 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
NateLippo posted this 30 May 2019

Hello INYOpools!!  I'm over in North Palm Beach Florida.  My pool pump motor has gone bad and I need to replace it.  I think I have the Hayward MaxFlo pump, but the sticker is worn off so I'm not sure.  I took pictures of the pump and motor.  

I was looking at the A.O. Smith / Century motors, either the SQ1102, or upgrading to the QC1102 to reduce energy cost.  I would also need to replace the shaft seal based on your tutorials on the website.  

Could you please recommend which motor I should purchase and the right shaft seal for this pump?

Is there anything else I should replace when changing out the motor?

Thank you in advance!!

Nate Lippo

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 30 May 2019

You have the Hayward Max-Flo II. The motors for that model are slightly different. We have two options for a 1.65 Hayward Max-Flo II. The first one is the HSQ165. The HSQ165 would be the same motor that is currently on the pump. The other option is slightly more energy efficient. The model number is SPX2710Z1M.

The shaft seal is part number 5250-210.

NateLippo posted this 30 May 2019

Thank you!!  I'm ordering the motor and seal right now.  I am going to go with the more energy efficient one as it will make up the cost difference in less than a year.  

Thank you for the help, and you have my business from now on.

Nate

• Liked by
  • InyoRob
InyoRob posted this 30 May 2019

You're welcome, Nate. Thank you for shopping with Inyo!

Close