Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Filter Light

• Last Post 13 July 2022
BobTaylor posted this 13 July 2022

I have a Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830.  When I run it the orange filter light always comes on.  I replaced the pleated filters thinking the old ones were too dirty and the light came on again.  I ran the Krauler without any filters and the light came on.  I have confirmed that there is nothing blocking the impeller fan or water exit.

Any suggestions on the cause/remediation?  Not sure how it determines when to activate the light.

Thanks

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRich posted this 13 July 2022

Hi Bob.  Have you tried to press the "reset" button while the cleaner is on and the light is lit?  That sometimes takes care of it.  

Yes, I have tried that.  It comes back on fairly quickly afterwards.  Not sure how the Krauler actually 'measures' when the filter is full, assuming it is based on water flow rate or resistance on the impeller.  

InyoRich posted this 13 July 2022

My guess is that it is measuring the current draw to assume the filter is getting full.  The impeller is the simple (and cheapest) thing that could cause the issue - I assume it spins freely?  The next more likely suspects would be the motor or the power supply.

You could try Pentair Technical Support to see if they have any suggestions - Sanford, North Carolina (8 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET) Phone: (919) 566-8000 Fax: (919) 566-8920 or the Moorpark, California location (8 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. PT) Phone: (805) 553-5000 (Ext. 5591) Fax: (805) 553-5515

the impeller rotates, not sure if I would call it freely.  It doesn't simply spin freely but feels like any other electromagnetic device (like a drill) that has motor resistance.

I called but the hold time is hours long so I reverted to an email to them, perhaps that will result.

Thanks

Close