John

• Last Post 08 April 2022
jbkmelk posted this 08 April 2022

I have an inground pool, with a single speed filter pump and a booster pump, both 240V, a Pentair Salt cell. I am looking for a timer perferably one that utilizes an App that I can control the pumps. I also, need something that has or can incorporate a freeze out protection. 

Thanks

John

InyoRich posted this 08 April 2022

Pretty much any of the newer pool automation systems will be able to provide you what you are looking for (and more), but if you are not afraid of technology, there are a few Z-Wave relays and switches that can do what you need.  You can also set them up as freeze protection by "telling" the pump relay to turn on if the outdoor temperature is below XX degrees (known as IFTTT, or If This, Then That) and, of course, you can set them to turn on and off on a schedule.  Controlling it from a smartphone or even Alexa or Google is available as well and, of course, you can control other things in your home as well when you add the appropriate hardware.

Look online for SmartThings-capable relays and switches and investigate what they can do.  I think you may find it as a reasonably priced alternative for your setup.  There are other similar systems out there, but SmartThings is the one I am familiar with.  

Close