I shocked my pool directly is my vinyl in trouble?

  • 42 Views
  • Last Post 09 August 2021
  • Topic Is Solved
PoolRookie posted this 09 August 2021

I have a 48x18 coleman pool is about 7,000 gallons of water. yesterday i shocked my pool for the first time. Instead of mixing with water i put the granule shock directly because thats what the instructions said. Did i make a mistake? im afraid my vinyl is in for disaster i should have looked more into it! 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 09 August 2021

I doubt you ruined the liner, but it may bleach out the bottom of the liner if the granules settled on the floor. I'd brush it up until it dissolves. In the future, add the shock to a bucket of water and stir it until it is dissolved.

 

 

  • Liked by
  • PoolRookie
PoolRookie posted this 09 August 2021

Thank you for the response! I will definately do that next time. 

  • Liked by
  • InyoRob
Close