2 speed replacement

• Last Post 10 September 2018
Astanley72 posted this 29 August 2018

Hi,

I have a USQ1102 1hp, 48y, 1.25sf motor that is making some noise.  Can i swap this out for a 2 speed motor?  if so, which one would work..  

thanks.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 29 August 2018

Thank you for contacting Inyo. You could replace your motor with model SQS1102R. The SQS1102R is a 1HP 2-speed motor.

Astanley72 posted this 30 August 2018

Thanks for quick reply.  I'm looking at the model SQS1102R pump and saw it has a higher SF (1.65 compared to 1.25 on the USQ1102).  Is that any cause for concern?  Also, anything else i would need to order for the install other than a hi-low switch?  Thanks again.

InyoRob posted this 30 August 2018

You want to replace your motor with one that has an equal to or higher service factor. The other motors had a slightly lower service factor. That is why we recommended the SQS1102R.

You'd want to replace the seals when you replace the pool pump motor. What is the make and model of the pump?

Astanley72 posted this 30 August 2018

I don't see a model number of the pump side, just a sticker that says ultra flow:

pump and motor

sticker under the inlet:

ultra flow

The old motor actually seized this morning, so i'll be putting in an order soon.  Thanks for the help!

InyoRob posted this 30 August 2018

The seal kit for the Ultra-Flow is part number GOKIT20.

Astanley72 posted this 07 September 2018

Hi, 

I put in the new motor, new seals, now this happened.  Its leaking from where the motor meets the seal plate. ( Yes i tightened everything)  Do i need a new pump, or just plate cover? Any help on part which parts i need is appreciated.

InyoRob posted this 10 September 2018

It would either be a seal plate crack or a seal not sitting in there correctly. The seal plate is available. The part number is 5106-210.

Close