SQ1202

• Last Post 07 March 2022
TrippIshmael posted this 17 February 2022

HI

I have purchased 5 pumps over the last 5 years. I have purchased USQ1202 48Y and SQ1202 48Y and I am only getting one years use out of them. I also purchase the seal kits and install when replacing the pumps. Help! Also, because I have so many pumps now that are locked up, do you have a bearing kit so that I can recycle these pumps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tripp Ishmael

MotorGuru posted this 07 March 2022

Are your motors all leaking after 1 year? Then locking up? When taking the motor off and apart, what do the seals look like. Every used seal tells a story(if not damaged when taken apart). If shown a picture of the sealing surfaces and maybe the back side of the seal "head", I can 99% of the time tell you why they failed. Seals are very fragile but with some tricks, they should live a long and lasting life. One important note to remember is make sure the motor is protected by a shaft slinger. This is the rubber washer that flings water/moisture from the shaft instead of it going into your motor wiping out the bearings or locking the shaft to the end bell.

Close