Gentlemen:

I live in SW Florida. I have an inground pool of approximately 17,000 gals based upon your calculation chart. Attached is a large spa with seating for 6-8 . The pool pump is a StaRite. The motor has been replaced 3 three times in the 25 years the pool has been in operation. It sounds like the bearings are beginning to go as the motor is very noisy on startup and then quiets down as t it warms up. The pool is plumbed with 2" sched. 40 throughout. The pool has four inlets and one larger inlet into the spa to create a spillway into the pool. I have a Haywood 1200 cartridge filter, and a Leisure Temp LT800 heat pump. The model is actually Aqua Cal the brand is Recreational Warehouse. I also have a cartridge chlorinator. The spa has its own StaRite 1.5 hp pump for the therapy jets in the spa, an aerator bubbler, and a Haywood propane gas heater, which presently does not work and is awaiting parts. Rats ate some of the wiring. The plumbing is interchangeable and I can circulate the spa water by dumping the water throught the pool filter into the pool and refilling. The spa does not have its own filtration system. I have about 70' plus of line from the skimmer and the maindrain.

I think it is time to replace the pump in its entireity and have been looking at the Waterway line of pumps. To say the least,  it is extensive. I would appreciate some guidance with the pool pump replacement.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mike