Pump fittings

• Last Post 07 July 2021
harryb posted this 27 May 2021

Booster pump leakI've got a leak in the housing of my booster pump. But I don't know how to disconnect the pvc from the housing. Do I have to cut it and redo it from that point? The photo shows the location of the leak (red arrow) and the pvc connections affected (green arrows).

Thanks,

Harry

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 01 June 2021

Hi, Unfortunately since unions were not installed then you will need to cut the plumbing. When re-plumbing I would suggest quick-disconnect unions. I can't tell if you have a Polaris Booster Pump or a Pentair Letro Booster Pump so I will provide the appropriate unions for both Booster Pumps. FYI installation of the unions will require you to change the plumbing from hard plumbing to the soft hose which is included in the Kits.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

harryb posted this 01 June 2021

Thanks Patrick!

I have a Letro Legend booster. Does that change anything?

Harry

Hi Harry,

That is good you will need these Letro Legend Unions and you can use your current hard pipe plumbing (i.e. don't need to replace with hose).

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

harryb posted this 01 June 2021

What's the part for the housing itself?

Actually I think I was mistaken on my last comment. It looks like you will need to replace the hard plumbing with hose and you will require the Letro Legend Union Kit with Hose instead of the last item I suggested.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

InnocentFox posted this 07 July 2021

Hi Harry,

That is good you will need these Letro Legend Unions Tellpizzahut and you can use your current hard pipe plumbing (i.e. don't need to replace with hose).

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. 

Service posted this 07 July 2021

Thanks InnocentFox!

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Close