Pool Salt System 60,000 Gallons Heavy Duty PL7704

• Last Post 18 April 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
ronnieze posted this 16 April 2019

Last June I purchased your 60,000 gal PL7704.  It worked great up until a few days  ago.   During the winter months here in San Antonio we kept the Chlorine between 3ppm and 5ppm.  Last season we used the super chlorinater several time without any problems.  A few days ago, following a lot of rain, the chlorine dropped to 3ppm and I attempted to super chlorinate it.  I ran it all day and the chlorine never got over 3.   I thought maybe the cell was dirty and took it apart and  soaked it white vinegar over night. I put put it back together and ran the super chlorinator all  day again and once again it never got over 3.  Yesterday I took it apart again and this time cleaned it with 5 parts water and  1  part muriatic acid.  It's squeaky clean. No calcium at all.  I put it back together and ran it all day again and  it still doesn't get above 3.   I used both test strips and chemical testing and got the same results.  The salinity is  2.9  according to the local pool store test. However my control box  said it's  3.8.

Would appreciate some suggestions.  Thanks

ronniezee

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
ronnieze posted this 17 April 2019

Not sure what happened but I went out to  the pool this morning and  tested it again.This time 

both the free chlorine and the total chorine were both at 10.  Will keep an  eye on it and see

what  happens next.     Thanks for your help/

• Liked by
  • InyoRob
InyoRob posted this 16 April 2019

We'd be glad to assist you. What is your stabilizer and salt level?

ronnieze posted this 16 April 2019

Stabilizer is 50. My control box says the salt is 3800

InyoRob posted this 17 April 2019

It wouldn't hurt to have the salt level checked at a pool store. The control box reading isn't the most reliable.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the salt system. If it wasn't working, the pool wouldn't be holding a 3ppm chlorine level. We typically recommend using a liquid or granular shock if there has been a lot of rain or there's been a lot of people in the pool. If this continues to be an issue, we recommend contacting our tech support at 407-834-2200.

InyoRob posted this 18 April 2019

You're welcome. Have a great day!

Close