Pool pump motor

• Last Post 18 May 2018
  • Topic Is Solved
Dbrennan posted this 18 May 2018

I got home this afternoon and heard my my pool pump make a buzzing sound and then click off. Upon inspection the motor was very hot. I turned it off then back on and the pump would not run. I left it off for roughly 30 minutes. Turned it back on and the pump motor was running, but it just doesn't sound right. I turned it back off. I checked for a possible obstruction in the propeller but it appears to be clear. It sounds like it might be a bad capacitor. The motor is most like pretty old. What are my options? Keep the old motor running or replace it? 

The motor info was difficult to see due to its age and weather. Here's what I could make out below.

Emerson e3841

Model k63cxeso-4791

Hp-1 Sf 1.65 rpm 3450

Volts 208-230. 1415

Sf amps 76

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 18 May 2018

You're welcome. Thank you for shopping with Inyo!

Awesome, thanks. I think I'm going to just replace it. 

• Liked by
  • InyoRob

Yes. You have a Sta-Rite Dura-Glas model. The seal kit is part number GOKIT54. This kit is intended for models manufactured since 1998. It will work on older models if you remove the copper cone from the seal plate.

Well it looks like part of the pump's model # is gone. Does this help?

Hello Dbrennan - It could be a capacitor issue. If you give us the specs on the capacitor, we can recommend the replacement. Look for the MFD (UF) and voltage rating on the capacitor.

The replacement motor would be model B841. We have those in stock and ready to ship.

We recommend replacing the seals if you replace the motor. Do you know the make and model of the pump side?

Close