Inground pool light

  • Last Post 23 September 2020
Sher237 posted this 03 June 2016

My pool is 18 yrs old. It is in ground .  The light bulb needs replaced in the out of ground requires a 12 v, 500 watt halogen light, dual pin.  I can't find one anywhere! Any ideas, please!


Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 03 June 2016

Hi Sher237,

Could you post a few photos of your light to this thread. Ideally if you could put a measuring tape in the photo to show the width and depth of the light. Also a close up shot of any labels would be most helpful.

Thank You


Thank You


Henry108 posted this 21 May 2017

I also have a 18-yr. old in-ground pool with fiber optic light. The light tower is Pentair and the there are strips around the spa and the pool. I just had the light bulb replaced and the light strip around the spa is working, but dim. Two sections of the fiber optic strip around the pool wall are loose and hanging, and cannot be clipped back onto the contiuous bracket suppot on the wall, and it is also not working. I have two questions:

1. Can I replace the light strip around the pool, assuming it can be secured to the wall again? If so, can  replace the bulb with a higher wattage one to make it brighter. As I can see, there is onlt one small light in the spa and one in the pool, powered by the light tower about 10 feet away.

2. Is it possible to replace the exisitng fiber optic light with LED lighting?

Thank you.

Service posted this 22 May 2017

Hi Henry108,

  • The light around the pool can be replaced but we would need a photo so we can suggest the proper replacement. The wattage would be increased if you went with a new fiber optic tower.
  • You could not replace the perimeter lighting with LED but the in-pool and in-spa lights could be replaced with LED

Please let me know which direction you are leaning and I can suggest a few model #'s.

Thank You


Thank You


jwk700 posted this 24 May 2017

I would like to replace a 12v 100 watt pool light with something brighter.  I have a 100 watt transformer.  Can I use a 34 watt LED light?

Chefman4 posted this 05 July 2017

I have a Gunite pool that had a Sta-Rite 120V, 500 watt maximum light that burned out and no longer works. . It measures about 8 1/2" inches across and is a round light,  It is about 4"  deep.  What is an appropriate replacement light with a 50' cord?  The outside frame is about 10" across.




Service posted this 06 July 2017

Hi Doug,

Could you take a picture of the label on the back of the light housing where the cord attaches to the light fixture, this would help us determine a suitable replacement for you.

Thank You


HenryB posted this 14 July 2019

Have American Products Co. Model# R-100 BC, 12 volt; lamp wattage 100; Type R-30' model CN-5 fixture housing and wish to install an ap[propriate LED bulb. I haven't a clue as to which type/kind, brand etc. of LED bulb to install. Can you help?  Thanks very much.

Tonyg80 posted this 21 July 2020

Hi, I'm looking to replace my pool light fixture but haven't been able to find any info on a suitable replacement. The only tag that was legible says it's a pacfab no.p-838694. The fixture minus trim ring is approximately 8.5 inches in diameter and 6 inches tall. It's a 2 lamp halogen fixture with an epoxy poured base at the connections.  I would like to replace with a fixture that will accept leds. Any info is greatly appreciated. 

Prettyboy posted this 27 July 2020

looking for a replacement light fixture for my inground pool

my niche is Hayward SP 555

my old light fixture is a Hayward SP-540 (100watt - 12V) starlight


the replacement light fixture is what the bulb is going to screw into and be water tight so when I put it back into the doesn't leak

you know the cone shaped fixture with the cord coming out of it

I saw in one of your other post that hayward Duralite was a comparable replacement, but even that is no longer offered

I have a L.E.D bulb but no 12v water tight housing to put it in is my issue

Mimosa posted this 23 September 2020

I have a Hayward pool light and need to replace the bulb/fitting.

The labels inside: