Inground pool

• Last Post 31 July 2017
ecoval posted this 30 July 2017

I'm a new homeowner with a pool.  It's a 28,000 gallon pool with three lights.  2 are in the main pool and 1 in the spa. I'm looking to replace the pool lights.  Not sure if it's feasible to change the current lights to an LED.  These are the lights I have right now.  I was quoted by a pool company roughly around $2,600 to replace the three lights to LED.  Does that sound right? A bit much, don't you think? 

I don't really need LED lights if that is the case.  What do you recommend I replace it with that would be cost efficient.  I'm pretty sure I can remove the bulb myself and change it.

Thanks.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
ecoval posted this 30 July 2017

Service posted this 31 July 2017

Hi Ecoval,

Yes $2,600 seems very expensive to upgrade to LED. If your light fixtures are still good then you could go with two of the PL5809 PureLine 120V Pool LED Bulbs ($159 each) and one of the PL5817 PureLine 120V Spa LED Bulbs ($79). If you need to replace the light fixture and LED bulb then you will need two of the PL5831 PureLine 120V Pool LED Bulb & Fixture ($389 each) and one of the PureLine 120V Spa LED Bulb & Fixture ($299). Here is a Video on How to Replace a Pool Light Fixture as well as a Video on How Ho to Replace a LED Pool Bulb which you may find helpful.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

ecoval posted this 31 July 2017

Thanks, Patrick!  How do I know whether it's compatible? I'm not sure whether the light fixtures are still good or bad.  My best guess is that they're fine but the bulbs are just bad...or at least I'm hoping.

Hi Ecoval,

Based on the photos you submitted the bulbs and fixtures I suggested are compatible.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

ecoval posted this 31 July 2017

ok. great! What do you suggest I use to control the lights? assuming these are color changing

Hi Ecoval,

These LED lights are color changing and you control these through a standard light switch. By flipping the light switch on and off relatively quickly you cycle through the different colors shows or pause on a color. The other nice thing is that the lights have memory so if you the light is turned off for more than 15 seconds then the next time the lights come on they will come on in the last color they were on.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Close