Hayward Super Pump Motor? SP1607-Z-1-MXBK

• 8.3K Views
  • Last Post 07 October 2019
AmyPool posted this 28 May 2016

My Hayward Super Pump is starting to run super loud and I think it is time to replace the motor as it has been 7 years. Do you know the proper replacement motor is for a model SP1607-Z-1-MXBK

Thank You

Amy

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 28 May 2016

Amy it looks like you need a UST1102 Super Pump Replacement Motor also whenever you replace your motor I would strongly suggest a Hayward Super Pump Seal Kit which will include all the gaskets and seals for your pump and will ensure that your pump will not leak after installing the new motor.

Thank You

Patrick

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

PoolPump posted this 08 July 2016

I have a SP1607Z1M.  VERY LOUD currently.  What should I replace it with?

Thanks much,

Larry

Service posted this 10 July 2016

Hi Larry,

I would suggest the 1 HP PureLine Prime Pump which is a direct replacement for the Hayward SP1607Z1M 1 HP Super Pump. I like the PureLine Prime as it has a really sturdy Century Motor and cost about $120 less than the Hayward Super Pump.

Thank You

Patrick

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Rkevin posted this 19 September 2017

I have a Hayward North Star pump 10+ years old. Wondering if "ECM16CU" variable speed motor will replace mine

FloridaGulf posted this 03 December 2017

I currently have a 1Hp single speed pump for 13,000 gallon salt water pool. I need to replace, and would like to add more hp so I can install a pool cleaner. Any suggestions? Thank you

InyoRob posted this 05 December 2017

Hello FloridaGulf - We'd be glad to assist you. What is the service factor (SF) of your current motor? This will be listed on the motor label.

InyoRob posted this 06 December 2017

FloridaGulf - The most energy efficient option for your pool would be a variable speed pump. You can circulate the water on a low speed and utilize a high speed when you want the cleaner to operate. We would recommend something like the PureLine Prime PL2606.

PureLine Prime 2.7 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump - PL2606

Lyonsden posted this 07 October 2019

Our 1.5 hp super pump ran dry while we were out.  The pool water had gotten to low due to some cleaning.  The filter basket was melted due to the heat.  I bought a new motor, basket and seal kit that included the gasket and O rings.  Now I cannot get the pump to prime.  I fill the housing with water and the pump and impellar rotate but I cannot get it to prime.  Could the housing been damaged due to the heat of running the pump dry?  The connections are tight and there is a seal on the basket access when I open it.

Not sure what to check next. Help.

Thank you

Darrin

InyoRob posted this 07 October 2019

Hello Darrin - We'd be glad to assist you. It's possible that the housing, impeller, and diffuser were damaged. How did the impeller and diffuser look?

Close