freeze protection on V-Green 270 User Interface - 2520652-001

• Last Post 10 December 2020
  • Topic Is Solved
Dave17 posted this 07 December 2020

The freeze protection funtion on my V-Green 270 User Interface (2520652-001) stopped working.  The control interface confirms freeze control is enabled and it has worked the last couple of winters but appears to have failed this winter.  I assume it's probably a sensor problem.  Is the sensor something I can replace, or am I stuck having to replace the entire interface part which would seem like kind of an expensive solution.

Thanks,

Dave 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 10 December 2020

Hello Dave - As far as I know, there is not a sensor that can be replaced. However, I'll reach out to Century and see what I can find out.

This is the response from Century.

The sensor for freeze protection is in the drive, which is not replaceable.  The sensor is between the motor and the drive so it is possible the outside temp could drop to freeze protect temp but the temp at the sensor remains above freeze protect temp due to residual heat still between the motor and drive.  I would try the following:

• Confirm power was applied to the motor at the time the freeze protection was required
  • Adjust freeze protect temp to a lower temp

Dave17 posted this 10 December 2020

Thank you for your help.  Since, in previous years, the motor would start when the temperature reached ~39 degrees (the default factory setting) and nothing has changed except time, I don't think residual heat is responsible.  I have tried disabiling and re-enabiling the function to no avail.  Maybe I'll try disconnecting the unit entirely to see if that will reset anything.  And I'll try changing the temperature set point to see if that makes a difference.

In spite of this little set back, I very much like the motor and control and would highly recommend it to anyone.  It was a simple replacement for my old Haywood 2 HP Super II, is relatively quiet, and does indeed save energy.

Thanks again for you help!

• Liked by
  • InyoRob

You're welcome and thank you for the feedback!

Close