Filters

• Last Post 22 July 2020
BASEMENTTRAINER posted this 21 June 2016

Im looking to change out my sand filter system. 16x32 oval inground pool. Liner. Currently Hayward model #s210t

Pump system model #sp2610x15

Will i need both motor and filter? What are my options? Thank you Chuck Smith

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Service posted this 22 June 2016

Hi Chuck,

If your pump is working fine then there would be no need to change out the pump. I always like to go a bit larger on the filter so if you wanted to stay with sand I would suggest the Hayward 24" Sand Filter or even the larger Hayward 27" Sand Filter. The larger filter means less stress on your pump motor and larger filtering capacity meaning more time between backwashing.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

BASEMENTTRAINER posted this 22 June 2016

I think id like to go with a cartridge filter.

If you go with a cartridge filter then I would suggest something like the Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Thank you. Im assuming i can keep the same motor?

Yes your current pump and motor would work the C3030 filter.

Thank You

Patrick

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

PERFECT! Thanks

You're welcome, let us know how you like the cartridge filter.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

One more question. What about a DE filter? What r my option there?

Service posted this 23 June 2016

A DE filter will filter out finer particles than a cartridge filter as a cartridge filters down to a 10 micron particle size and DE filters down to a 3 micron particle size, by the way sand filters down to 20-40 microns (much larger particles can pass through sand). I personally like the cartridge as you don't have to mess with the DE powder, I feel the cartridge is easier to maintain and to the naked eye I cannot see a difference in water clarity between cartridge and DE.

If you do want to go DE I would suggest a Hayward DE4820 Filter along with this 2" Backwash Valve for the Hayward DE4820, these items will work with your current pump.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

BERKSpoolguy posted this 30 June 2016

cartridges are conveniant but very expensive and need to becleaned once a week and possably more as time goes by! if you have sand id stick with it

RonnieZ posted this 01 August 2017

I have a Hayward cartridge filter installed on my 30,000 gal in ground pool. I want to switch over to a S244T sand filter that someone gave me. My present system plumbing is 2 inch PVC from the pump  ( Hayward Replacement Pump RS 1500) to the cartridge filter.   The S244T has 1 1/2  inlet and output  pipes.   Can I reduce the output pipe on The pump to 1 1/2 ?   Or use the existing 2 inch all the way to the S244T and then reduce it to 1 1/2?     Also, can I use flexible tubing to run from the pump to the S244T and from the S244T to the poll inlet plumbing?  Or do I need to run hard PVC pipe for both?  If flexeble tubing  is acceptatble. Which type should I order?   Is your generic 7 port multi port valve for the S244T ( Part  PL0714 )  covered by a warranty?  One of the bolts on the one given to me is stripped and if it leaks I'll need another one.  

Thank you for your assistance.

Service posted this 03 August 2017

Hi RonnieZ,

Thanks for the questions! If you stay with the current 1.5" valve that is on the Hayward S244T Filter then I would definitely keep the 2" pipe on the suction side of the pump and use the existing 2" pipe all the way to the S244T filter and then reduce it to 1 1/2" at the valve. You can use flexible tubing for any of the plumbing above the ground and you will want to use Schedule 40 Flex Pipe for anything underneath the ground you will want to use rigid pipe. You may want to check out our Video on Should I Use Flexible Plumbing on Pool Equipment as it goes into more pro's and con's of flex pipe vs. rigid pipe. Our generic PL0714 Valve for the S244T does come with a warranty. If you think you may be needing to switch out your valve then there is a the SP071621 2" Valve for the Hayward S244T we also carry the Generic 2" Valve for Hayward S244T Sand Filter if you upgraded to the 2" valve now then you would not need to worry about reducing down to 1.5" plumbing as you will lose a little bit of efficiency by reducing to 1.5" I hope this helps.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Loreen posted this 22 July 2020

I need a new filter for my above ground pool, which is  a 12 x 17 oval .  I have a one HP pump.  My filter is leaking and barely working.  What size sq. ft cartridge filter should I get?   One company to come out and replace my filter system said I should get the Pentair 320.  Is this the appropriate size for my pool?

Close