cover

• Last Post 18 August 2017
password posted this 18 August 2017

When closing my pool for the season i typically use a standard winter inground cover. When opening in the spring i have found that i cannot pump water off the top of the cover that collected over the winter without pumping water out of the pool itself. It seems the water is coming through the cover which makes opening the pool a big task. Is it normal for water to seep through the cover or do i just have a bad cover? i have to purchase a new cover for this winter and am looking for a suggestion.

Thanks,

Don

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
InyoRob posted this 18 August 2017

Hello Don - The solid winter covers are very tightly woven but they are not impermeable. If enough water gathers on top of the cover and it sinks below the water surface, the pool water will seep up through. I don't think you have a bad cover. You will run into the same problem with a new cover if water builds up again.

password posted this 18 August 2017

What do you suggest as a solution or way to avoid the problem? Do you recommend frequent pumping of accumulated water from the top?

Thanks.

InyoRob posted this 18 August 2017

I would recommend using an automatic on/off cover pump. This way you don't have to constantly worry about it.

Close