I currently have a 2002 Pentair Tagelus TA 60 D Sand Filter with ZeoBrite instead of sand.

It’s done me well, but I would like to change to a cartridge style filter.

So, I am looking at replacing my sand filter with a CCP520 Cartridge filter.

The Tagelus Sand Filter has a MULTI-PORT VALVE which is great for opening and closing the pool.

The CCP 520 does NOT have a multiport valve.

With my sand filter:

In the FALL, in preparation for the winter, I drop the water level below the skimmer, add chemicals, cover the pool with a black cover and place water bags around the edges to hold the cover in place for the winter.

In the SPRING, I rent a pump from Home Depot to remove water that has accumulated on top of the black winter cover from snow, rain, etc. I then remove the winter cover and any debris on the cover settles to the bottom of the pool. I initially VACUUM TO WASTE to get rid of major debris (so that it does not go thru my sand filter) and then switch to FILTER for the finer debris.

My Questions:

Is there a multi-port valve or 3 way valve available for the CCP520:

a.    that would allow me to drop the water level of the pool in the FALL;

b.    that would allow mee to divert pool water from the cartridge filter similar to the VACUUM to WASTE of the sand filter multi-port valve so that I don’t load up the new CCP520 filter with excessive dirt during the SPRING opening; and

c.     that would allow me to remove water from the winter cover in the SPRING so that I don’t have to rent a pump from Home Depot (this one is a tough ask)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Frank